Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hoptrade.com

Recently, someone in my homebrew club (1) started a website called www.hoptrade.com.
The website is to be used for hop trades and hop sales, although it is not meant to be used for ebay style selling. So what do you think about the website? Will you find yourself parusing the site to find what you need or selling what you have? (2)

I am not sure that it will work as I feel that the hop crises was overhyped. As I look closer into my homebrew store's hop selection, and talk to my homebrew peers I am starting to feel that the hop crises was not really a crises (3). Let me explain, as of right now my homebrew store (4) (5) still carries a full line of hops, aside from lacking a few varieties. Although, they do expect to get them once this past year's crop is shipped. I do agree that there is a shortage, but I believe that the market took advantage of the situation.

On the flip side, I feel that the poor farmer has been getting screwed for the past forever. I don't mind supporting the farmer by paying a higher price so that they can make a decent living wage, so they can support my hobby.

So what do you think?

(1) QUAFF.org
(2) I'm not sure that I will
(3) Overhyped
(4) www.homebrewmart.com
(5) The store is much better then their website. The store is located inside of Ballast Point Brewery

No comments: