What is the Brew Crew?
The Brew Crew is a celebration of the 1st & 21st amendments of the United States. The right to "free speech" and "to homebrew". The Brew Crew is a legion of extract, partial mash, and all-grain brewers who blog funny, witty and serious posts on a daily and not so daily basis. I will be asking these brewers a series of questions and postinig their answers on a weekly basis.
This week we go to the west coast and visit "oldschool" Dr. Doug in California. He seems to be a proud brewer preserving old styles and has high hopes for his hop garden. Although, he answered his questions quickly I am not sure that he is posting anymore.
Cheers and Welcome to the Brew Crew Dr. Doug!
We hope to hear more of your large hop garden.
1) When/Why did you start homebrewing?
Spring of 07', because I like good beer
2) When/Why did you start blogging?
17 October, to share my experiences
3) What is your favorite recipe/style to brew?
Irish Red Ale
4) What is your favorite brewing technique to use?
5) What is your favorite brewing equipment to use?
My homemade Mash/Lauder tun with sparge arm
6) What brewing technique do you want to learn next?
Not sure what else there is
7) Do you brew self sustainable or organically?
I am planting 23 Organic Hop rhizomes this year
8) What is your favorite blog to read?
I have not found many
9) Are you a member of a brewing club or American HomeBrewing Association?
10) What is your favorite brewery(s)?
St. James Gate, Dublin Ireland; Dr. Dougs homebrew
11) Do you want to turn pro or have you worked in a brewery?
I have thought about a brewpub.
Beer In Ads #2437: It Isn’t Magic
4 minutes ago