Wednesday, September 17, 2008

BYO - October

I just picked up this months BYO (brew your own mag) and the main topic is Green Brewing. the style of the month is a Roggenbier, which I am very interested in, and there is a great article about partial mashing. I think I may want to start partial mashing again, because I just don't have the time and energy these days to devote an entire day to all-grain brewing. I remember when I was brewing "partially" (sounds funny) the beer tasted great. Also, I sure do miss brewing and I would like to get back to it. I hope this magazine will help get me kick started in that direction.

Cheers Mates!

1 comment:

Brad said...

Do you really save much time with a partial-mash over all-grain brewing? I always thought the mash process would still take roughly the same amount of time. The only advantage I've seen to partial-mashing is for those people who don't have the space or equipment to do full boils (or the very rare situation where the gravity of the beer exceeds the mash equipment capacity).