Friday, December 07, 2007

The Session #10 - Winter Seasonal Beers


Many years ago when I was introduced to craft brews I was just happy to find one locally and drink it. It was like being 8 years old on christmas morning. Now, luckily, craft brews can be found everywhere...well almost. Now we look forward to seasonal beers, especially the winter warmers!

The winter season is a great time of year for dark hearty malty beers. Winter seasonals, in my opinion, are the best of the year and can be the most creative. Here are two I have had most recent and highly recommend; Sam Smith Winter Seasonal and Odell Brewing Isolation Ale.

The Sam Smith Winter Ale beer always has an interesting artwork on their winter seasonal to go along with the tasty complex brew. I have had this one many times and have not been dissapointed, but then again I'm sure everyone knows that.

On the other hand the Odell Brewing Isolation Ale was very very tasty. It was first time tasting this classic. It nicely balanced its american bitterness with a hefty dose of dark malts. I recommend you should try this at least once. I'm saddened that I can only have this beer once a year.

I'm gettin' cold, I need a winter warmer!

No comments: