Friday, July 13, 2007

New Tastings

I think every year that passes I become more of a beer snob! I hate to say that I am a snob about anything, but due to the bigger beer companies taking advantage of their deep pockets and the laziness of the public to educate themselves properly on what they were drinking.

Anyhow, off the soap box!

New things this year that I have done is start a cellar. It really began last year but I now own a dedicated beer fridge where only certain beers will be aged for quite sometime. I'm thinking that some beers will be cellared for at least a year, maybe even 3-4 years. I can't wait to taste them.

Also, I will be making a fermentation chiller to make some beer in summer to drink in the winter.

New beer tastings have been o'plenty. My favorite thus far has to be the Lagunitas shut down brown. It has a very delicious assertive aroma, slightly dry on the palate, and a beautiful brown color. Very delicious well rounded beer I can't wait to drink it again.

I recently had a weiss beer that was very good, even though I am not a wheat beer man this beer was very good.

No comments: