Tuesday, March 11, 2008

(Belated) Session #13: Organic Beer

Stay Organic, Stay healthy, Stay strong
Purchase locally,Think globally, Patronize a local farmers market
Reuse, Reduce, Recycle
Increase endurance, Improve muscular strength, Educate yourself
What are you doing?
Stay organic, Stay healthy, Stay strong
-Final Gravity

Naturally, when I (belatedly) found out about this month's session being about Organic beers I was excited not only to post mine, but to read the other posts. Some might say that I am an exercise enthusiast/nut job. I say endorphin junky. Yes, I try to exercise everyday (it keeps the beer belly away) and I try to eat as healthy as I can, which includes drinking organic beer. recently, I also have decided to begin brewing organically, but I still have to fully commit due to it being expensive and its counter productivity of using more fossil fuels to bring me a single batch of ingredients. So, instead I have decided to order a 50lb. sack of organic 2-row from 7 Bridges and a small amount of specialty grains. This will be my first step towards the journey of organic brewing and I hope that it will be a sustainable one.

Stay organic, stay healthy, stay strong, purchase locally,

Books I recommend to read about the Organic Industry:

"The Omnivore's Dilemma"by Michael Pollan - It breaks down the difference between "boutique" and sustainable organics, both in the stores and on the farm. Educate yourself and read it. www.michaelpollan.com

"In Defence of Food" by Michael Pollan - Most of what we are consuming today it not food, and how we are consuming it - in the car, in front of the T.V. and increasingly alone.

Fermenting Revolution - Visit his site to learn more: http://beeractivist.wordpress.com

No comments: